Holy crap! 2013 is almost here. When you get to this time of year, it feels like the year flew by. But when you actually sit down and think about all the accomplishments, failures, breakdowns, and breakthroughs that have occurred throughout the year, it brings you back to how in those moments, time felt really slow. It brings everything you experienced into perspective again, instead of all of it feeling like it flew by.
As this year closes and a new one opens, it is so natural to start to think about what you want to create in 2013. This year, one thing I have really come to understand is that action means EVERYTHING. Being in action in 2012 to reach as many women as I possibly could and to impact them and their love lives in some way has been my biggest accomplishment. I have spoken with at least 250 women one-on-one about their love lives — and that is just the number that I tracked.
Being in action has allowed me to do the following this past year:
- Achieve another level of love with my husband
- Understand my parents and their past in a whole new way, helping me to understand who I am
- Develop a strong connection with my (not so little) little brother, so much so that for the first time he has asked me to help him with his relationship with our parents
- Build powerful relationships with friends and colleagues who support me in the pursuit of my dreams
- Connect with my only grandparent still alive and understand her life story
- Finish my book proposal
- Cultivate a team that is super supportive so I can do what I do best every day
- Help women feel the love that they have right now in their life
My reason for telling you about everything that I am proud of this year is to encourage you to get into action around the areas in love that you feel stuck. I used to think that I had to first have clarity, confidence, or a plan before taking action, and what I have learned is that is so not true.
Waiting for the right time to be in action is only going to make you feel the fear more and keep you feeling stuck in love. So, as the New Year arrives, I am all about making declarations instead of resolutions.
Declare what it is that you desire in love, and put yourself out there to make it happen. It won’t always be pretty, and there might be some rejection, but I promise you: it is worth it. Because when you meet that man, nothing that happened before that will matter. Take risks. Live it up. And at midnight, declare what it is that you want to create for yourself in love in 2013.
What are you declarations for 2013? Share in the comments below!